Speaking Engagements & Presentations
- The Braeburn Country Club, February 22, 2018
DMBP attorneys Brook Minx, Ian Hernandez, and Andrea Ortiz presented to approximately 30 attendees at the Gulf Coast Claims Services Sexual Harassment in the Workplace Seminar.
- The Palm Restaurant, November 16, 2016
DMBP attorneys Matt Jett and Mark Pickering presented to approximately 80 attendees at the Women in Claims - Houston Chapter Fall 2016 Meeting.
- Old Library at Lloyd’s Building, London, England, May 19, 2015
Mr. Jett's presentation will concern the history of Texas and Louisiana, how this history has affected the political and judicial systems of each state and how these systems affect energy and marine risk and claims handling.
- Texas Personal Injury Practice for ParalegalsMarriott West Loop, 1750 West Loop South, Houston, Texas 77027, April 24, 2015
Jared Flynn will pull from the knowledge he gained working as staff counsel for a major insurer and at civil litigation defense firms to break down the often complex topics of indemnity, subrogation, and contribution. His discussion will include an overview of subrogation, asserting subrogation rights, and defenses to subrogation claims. He will also cover a party's right to contribution, bringing a claim for contribution, and defenses to contribution claims.
- University Student Center – Houston Room, February 20, 2015, 11:30 am – 1:30 pm
The Open House is open to all current UHLC 2L and 3L students as well as 2014 graduates. Employers participating in the Open House will be looking to share knowledge with students about their practice or, if opportunities are available, hire law clerks for Spring 2015, Summer 2015, Fall 2015, and/or the post-bar period.