- Team DMBP wins "Best Chili" at the 2nd Annual HBAA's Chili & Pie Cook-off EventFebruary 12, 2016
The Donato, Minx, Brown & Pool culinary cohort, led by DMBP CEO and Founding Director Randy Donato, has once again taken the honor of "Best Chili" at the 2nd Annual Houston Bar Association Auxiliary's Chili & Pie Cook-off event, benefiting the HBAA Charitable Fund, Inc. Scholarship.
- October 19, 2015
Brook Minx has recently published a new book titled "Subrogation: From Loss to Verdict."
- Team DMBP Places 3rd & 7th in Salty Dog Fishing TournamentJune 26, 2015
- Congratulations to AV Preeminent® Attorneys Mike Prather & Mark PickeringMartindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™, March 9, 2015
- University of Houston Law Center, February 19, 2015
Attorneys from several Houston-area small and midsize law firms this week gave University of Houston Law Center students advice on how to get a job and stand out once they are hired.
- DMBP earns the First Place Chili award at the 2015 Houston Bar Association Auxiliary Charitable Fund Scholarship FundraiserJanuary 31, 2015
- January 26, 2015
Firm attorneys and staff will be bringing gently used women's professional clothing, shoes, and handbags to the office to donate to the Houston Area Dress for Success.
- December 22, 2014
Three DMBP partners have been named to the 2014 list of Texas’ Top Rated Lawyers, which recognizes attorneys with the highest peer-reviewed rankings from Martindale-Hubbell.
- November 3, 2014
Formed in the Fall of 1953, the South Texas Law Journal was the only standard law review in the nation edited entirely by students of an evening law school. DMBP Associate, Ashley Menage, is being featured in the 60th Anniversary Edition of the Journal. The Law Review's 60th anniversary celebration will be held on November 7, 2014.
- An article "From the Experts," published by ALMCorporate Counsel, October 1, 2014
Mike Prather's new article, "Overcoming Internal Impediments to Loss Recovery," is available now on ALM's Corporate Counsel website.
- $22,500 Verdict Against DMBP Client ReversedInsurance Law & Litigation Week, June 14, 2014
The Texas Court of Appeals reversed a trial court’s judgment in favor of a tow truck company who sued its liability insurer for breach of contract arising from a dispute over whether loss-of-use damages were available to the insured following the total loss of an insured tow truck. Under applicable precedent, damages in a total loss claim was the fair market value of the property at the time it was destroyed.
- Odumodu v. Alliance PJWE LPTexas Lawyer, April 28, 2014
On Feb. 2, a jury sided with three defendants who were wrongly blamed for an explosion that left three injured.