- T: 713.877.1112
- F: 713.877.1138
- Texas, 2002
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas, 2002
South Texas College of Law, Houston, Texas, J.D., 2001
- Gallagher, Lewis, Downey & Kim Mock Trial Competition, Finalist & Best Speaker
- Georgetown University Law Center: National White Collar Crime Mock Trial Competition
- Board of Advocates
The University of Texas, Austin, Texas, B.A., 1997
- Major in Biology, Minor in Chemistry
- Dean's List
- College of Natural Science Scholar
- Golden Key National Honor Society
- Greek Scholar
- Tri Beta Biological Honor Society
Justin D. Burrow is a native Houstonian and a trial attorney who has a decade of experience in areas of commercial, construction, personal injury, and general civil litigation. Prior to joining Donato, Minx, Brown & Pool, Justin spent several years representing clients in a variety of litigation matters and gained significant trial and appellate experience in various areas, including product liability, premises liability, personal injury, wrongful death, residential and commercial construction disputes, and professional liability. His approach to solving legal and business problems is proactive, practical and value driven. His exposure to a variety of cases makes him well suited to handle many matters in state, federal and appellate courts.
- Successfully defended a forensic accounting firm against a homeowner's association in a Hurricane Ike lawsuit by achieving a dismissal of all claims.
- The defense of a hydraulic lift manufacturer in a wrongful death products liability case. Prior to obtaining a jury verdict, the case was resolved on favorable terms.
- The prosecution of a breach of contract case involving a partnership dispute over commissions in excess of $400,000. The case was tried to jury verdict and the Plaintiff prevailed.
- The defense of an international engineering and product services corporation, who was a general contractor in a commercial dispute involving the renovation of a decommissioned/dormant ethanol plant.
- The defense of a commercial insurance broker in a cut-through endorsement case. A Jackson County, Texas jury found that the plaintiff breached a contract with the broker and awarded the broker over $300,000 in damages.
- The defense of an owner of a trucking company whose driver was involved in a high speed collision which resulted in catastrophic injuries. The case was tried and resulted in a mistrial before the jury could return a complete defense verdict. The case ultimately settled on favorable terms.
- Represented a mechanical and electrical engineer against a $10 million professional negligence claim related to the construction of a mid-rise condominium. The case settled on favorable terms.
- The defense of a designer and manufacturer of specialized equipment in the oil and gas industry in the defense of a multi-million dollar personal injury suit related to a catastrophic rig failure.
- The defense of a wheel bearing manufacturer in a wrongful death products liability suit due to a wheel separation from a tractor trailer.
- Successfully resolved a $5.5 million construction defect and nonconforming work claim against a contractor who performed site preparation and drainage design work on the construction of a large condominium complex.
- The defense of a general contractor in a $7 million construction defect claim involving a commercial warehouse facility. The case settled on favorable terms.
- Successfully represented over 30 condominium owners in a construction defect and nonconforming work claim against the developer and general contractor who renovated and sold a condominium complex in Houston, Texas.
- The prosecution of numerous personal injury matters including motor vehicular accidents, work-related accidents, commercial disputes and refinery explosions.
Garland R. Walker American Inn of Court (2005–2010)
Texas Trial Lawyers Association (2006–2009)
Houston Trial Lawyers Association (2008–2009)
Houston Bar Association (2002–2010)
Habitat for Humanity (2005–2006)
American Bar Association (2002-2010)
Houston Young Lawyers Association (2002–2005)
- Leadership Committee (2005)
Houston Live Stock Show and Rodeo – Breeders Greeters Committee (2005-2009)
Published Appellate Work
EcoProduct Solutions, L.P. v. ENGlobal Eng'g, Inc., 2011 Tex. App. Lexis 4923 (Tex. App—Houston [1st Dist.], June 30, 2011), petition for review denied by 2011 Tex. LEXIS 874 (Tex., November 18, 2011).
Yalamanchili v. Mousa, 316 S.W.3d 33, 40-41 (Tex. App.—Houston [14th Dist] 2010, pet. denied), petition for review denied by 2010 Tex. Lexis 967 (Tex., Dec. 10, 2010).
Cartwright v. Pinnacle Entertainment, Inc., 2011 Tex. App. Lexis 362 (Tex. App.—Beaumont, January 20, 2011).