- T: (713) 877-1112
- F: (713) 877-1138
- Texas, 1982
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit
South Texas College of Law, Houston, Texas, J.D., 1982
University of Texas, Austin, Texas, B.A., 1978
Randy G. Donato
Randy Donato is the Founding Director of Donato, Brown & Pool. He has led the firm in our outstanding achievements since 1995. He has tried in excess of one hundred cases to verdict and has handled thirteen appeals, some of which were to the Texas Supreme Court. He has achieved Advocate status in the elite American Board of Trial Advocates organization and has a trial record that is hard to match. He has routinely been selected by his peers as one of the top trial lawyers in the state, as shown by his regular feature in Texas Lawyer Magazine — Super Lawyers Edition, 2007 through 2014. He has maintained his AV Preeminent status since 1985.
With 32 years of experience, Mr. Donato has tried nearly every type of case related to insurance defense, subrogation and plaintiffs' personal injury. His record of accomplishments speaks volumes.
Texas Bar Association, Member
Houston Bar Association, Member
Defense Research Institute, Member
American Association of Trial Lawyers, Member
Trucking Industry Defense Association, Member
Honors & Awards
- Advocate, American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA)
- AV Preeminent 5 out 5 Rated – LexisNexis Martindale-Hubbell
- Texas Super Lawyer – Thomson Reuters (2007–2014)
- Team DB&P wins "Best Chili" at the 2nd Annual HBAA's Chili & Pie Cook-off EventFebruary 12, 2016
- Team DB&P Places 3rd & 7th in Salty Dog Fishing TournamentJune 26, 2015
- DB&P earns the First Place Chili award at the 2015 Houston Bar Association Auxiliary Charitable Fund Scholarship FundraiserJanuary 31, 2015
- December 22, 2014
Published Appellate Work
Thornhill v. Ronnie's I-45 Truck Stop, Inc., 944 S.W. 2d 780 (Tex. App. Beaumont, May 01, 1997) (No. 09-94-236-C)
Ethyl Corp. v. Daniel Const. Co., 725 S.W. 2d 705 (Tex., Feb 25, 1987) (No. C-5621)
Smith v. Smith, 720 S.W.2d 586 (Tex. App. Hous. (1 Dist.), Sep 25, 1986) (No. 01-85-0989-CV).
Daniel Const. Co. v. Ethyl Corp., 714 S.W.2d 51 (Tex.App. Hous. (14 Dist.), Jun 05, 1986) (No. A-14-85-00802-CV).
Smith v. White, 695 S.W.2d 295 (Tex. App. Hous. (1 Dist.), Jul 11, 1985) (No. 01-85-0529-CV).
Hawthrone v. LaMan Constructors, Inc., 672 S.W.2d 255 (Tex. App. Beaumont, Mar 01, 1984) (No. 09-83-140-CV).